What am i missing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am i missing ?

i just picked up a 1980 GS250T from my brother in law. the bike originally belonged to my grandfather, whom was the original owner. anywho, the bike was last registered in July of 96. ive noticed it appeared to be something missing from the electronics(mainly on the left side). on the left side, i had a red wire with a bullet connector and on the right side, a bk/w wire with a broken terminal end, what is awry ? here are pics of each side:

Thanks,
    Dale

Can't say I have worked on one of these, but I'll take a guess. In the top picture, there appears to be a rather large rectangular HOLE.

It's just about the size and shape of a BATTERY.

In the second picture, there seems to be NO FUSE BOX.

Other than that, it appears that you have a (replacement) r/r in the top pic, starter solenoid, turn signal flasher and ignitor in the bottom pic.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. DHMag,

I've got a wiring diagram on my site that should give you an idea of what's going on with your electrical system. Your bike may have had only one (main) fuse like the 450. Feel free to stop by my website and have a look. The "T" models are cool looking bikes. Now let me say, "HooooooowwDY!"

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
      Last edited by Guest; 08-15-2009, 01:46 PM.

Comment

thanks Steve and BassCliff, now i guess i need to find the appropriate fuse and the rest of the wiring that belongs there. oh, and Steve, i forgot to include that i KNEW the battery was missing :P. i have one, its just not in the bike

Dale

Comment

Ok, here is what is on my bike:

Check my GS250T, recently running!

Let me know if you have any questions, I may be able to help. Best of luck!

Comment

late response, but what the heck. i got the thing running after cleaning the carbs and overhauling the M/C and brake caliper. i ionly wish my R/R would fit under the left side cover, otherwise i have no place to mount the toolkit.

Originally posted by Chris88 View Post
            Ok, here is what is on my bike:

Check my GS250T, recently running!

Let me know if you have any questions, I may be able to help. Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
            X