Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z1 petcock

O rings are going (again) in my Pingel tap and I found this on the Z1 site:
    Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Questions: it's cheap but is it any good? Anyone got one fitted on a GS1000 - does the side facing output nipple clear the side panel?
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Pingle is rebuildable !!!

Comment

I had one on my '79 850. I can't speak to how it would fit on your bike but since the fuel nipple exits on the right side of the tap, I had to position it sideways so the nipple pointed in toward the carbs. It was little weird but worked fine. I also had to purchase an adapter plate and enlarge the hole in the tank a tiny bit for the filter screen to fit. The petcock seemed of decent quality and never leaked. I used it one season and then replaced it with an OEM vacuum petcock because I had a hard time remembering to shut it off and flooded my crankcase with gas twice . Since you already have a manual petcock I suspect this won't be an issue for you.

Comment

Jeff at Z1 says it comes from the same factory as the stocker....
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
          O rings are going (again) in my Pingel tap and I found this on the Z1 site:
          Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Questions: it's cheap but is it any good? Anyone got one fitted on a GS1000 - does the side facing output nipple clear the side panel?
          I put that Z1 petcock on my 79 750 over a year ago and I have had no problems with it. It is cheap, but it works great for me!

Rick

Comment

Thanks guys - I think I'll try one. I know loads of folk swear by Pingel taps (and I like 'em when they don't leak) but that's 2 rebuilds in 2-3 years for 2 of my taps. I've never had an OEM GS tap leak (though I've obviously had vacuum diaphragms play up) and it just rankles with me that Pingels aren't fit-and-forget for the price they are. Plus it's a PITA to drain the tank.
            79 GS1000S
            79 GS1000S (another one)
            80 GSX750
            80 GS550
            80 CB650 cafe racer
            75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
            75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
            X