Thread size for the front brake switch screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread size for the front brake switch screws

Like the title says, I need to know the correct size screws to use for the front brake light switch. I swapped out the junk yamaha reservoir and controls that were put on by the PO, but the Ebay set I bought doesn't have screws to put the switch bracket in. Any ideas?

Originally posted by waldo877 View Post
    Like the title says, I need to know the correct size screws to use for the front brake light switch. I swapped out the junk yamaha reservoir and controls that were put on by the PO, but the Ebay set I bought doesn't have screws to put the switch bracket in. Any ideas?
    They're 4mm I know that. But I'll have to measure the pitch. I just purchased a new switch and it came with new screws. I have the old ones if you want them. They're not new but a little steel wool and they will clean up nicely. If you want them, PM me. Otherwise I will measure the pitch and send the size to you.
    Don

Comment

Thanks Texas Don, but I won't make you go through the trouble of mailing me screws! I'll just stop by the local hardware store and pick some up. They can't be very expensive!

Comment

Front brake switch screw specs: 3mm diameter x .5mm thread pitch x 13mm in length. Obviously I was full of it by identifying it as a 4mm diameter before I measure it. Don't forget too that each screw has a flat and a lock washer.
        Don

Comment

Working...
        X