Replacement coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement coils

Looking to replace the coils on my 1150. I used Bandit coils for my 750, and that turned out wonderfully.

How does one know which late-model Suzuki coils will work as a replacement?

Anyone have some laying around?

hey unklemike, go to www.babbittsomline.com put your bike in and get the part # for your coils; go back to the home page put your info in the quick part lookup and it will give you every model that uses that coil. im sure there are other ways, but that is the only way i know of. info by way of bikecliffs website. a wealth of information there. read me-basic info-vendors-links is a great resource.

Comment

sorry - typo... www.babbittsonline.com

Comment

Any reason why you're not going with a set of Dyna coils?

Comment

Because they're expensive and I'm not convinced they work any better than stock Bandit coils.

Toss some new wires and caps on there, and you're good to go.

Comment

Sounds like as good a reason as any. Good luck !!

Comment

Any 3 ohm dual output Ebay coils will work.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I recently had a problem with my GS850 with the OEM coils leaking and failing when they got hot. I ordered some new Dyna coils, point/condensors, and Dyna wires through these guys: http://www.z1enterprises.com/ and was happy with their products and service.

This past winter I ordered some OEM parts from Babbit and found a damaged emblem when I went to install it. It was obviously damaged before packaging or while in shipment but I'd failed to notice it within their return time policy limit. I didn't get around to installing it until the weather had warmed up a month or two later. A call and an explaination of finding the part damaged proved futile.

Z1 will treat you right and the Dyna coils and wires appear first rate.

Pat
                78' GS1000EC
                79' GS850GN
                79' GS1000N
                79' GS1000EN
                81' GS1100EX

Comment

Working...
                X