530 conversion questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

530 conversion questions

I ordered a 530 chain and sprockets from Z1. My stock front spocket has these two pieces on either side of the stock sprocket screwed together. The new front sprocket doesnt have the same 3 holes.... Can I drill the holes in the sprocket, or should I get spacers and ditch the stock setup? Where would I get spacers for it??

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
    I ordered a 530 chain and sprockets from Z1. My stock front spocket has these two pieces on either side of the stock sprocket screwed together. The new front sprocket doesnt have the same 3 holes.... Can I drill the holes in the sprocket, or should I get spacers and ditch the stock setup? Where would I get spacers for it??
    I think you should have gotten the spacer from Z-1 if you had talked to Jeff. At least I did for the 1100ED

Comment

So, how many of those 6mm spacers do I need?

Comment

So, how many of those 6mm spacers do I need?
        One. Just to go behind the sprocket..

Comment

Seeing as how I have to order from Z1 again, I was thinking of getting a one tooth smaller front sprocket. From what I have read it is worth 3 more on the rear. How much difference will that make?

Comment

Seeing as how I have to order from Z1 again, I was thinking of getting a one tooth smaller front sprocket. From what I have read it is worth 3 more on the rear. How much difference will that make?
            WELL, if youre running a 17 now, and you're using the 1100 swinger, i can tell you that the 16t FRONT 530 wont clear the swingarm. If you're using the stock swinger, I think you MIGHT be ok, but ive never tried it personally... The nice thing about changing the front sprocket is that if you're only going up or down a tooth, you dont need to change the links on your chain...

Comment

stock is a 18 tooth, so I was going to get a 17 and maybe a 16.

Comment

stock is a 18 tooth, so I was going to get a 17 and maybe a 16.
                a 17/50 in 530 is as close to STOCK gearing as you can get on the 1100...if 18 is stock on the 750, then you will find the 17 will give you more off the line punch..BUT your cruising RPM will suffer by about 500 RPM or so..which hurts MPG. Your end top speed will also be a tad lower, but if you're not worried about those things, the seat of the pants kick of the 17 will probably be to your liking..

Comment

"gearing commander"

Go here http://www.gearingcommander.com/ if you want to play with gearing. Look for the 1982 Suzuki GS750T I had them add. The gearing is the same as my 1981 750E so I'm sure it's the same on your '82.

I bought the 18/50 combination and used the 6mm spacer on my "T" model. I tossed the stock cushion spacers and put the 6mm spacer on AFTER the new sprocket. That's where it needed to go for correct alignment on MY bike.

You'll like the difference.
                  sigpic
                  1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
                  2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

Working...
                  X