Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tachometer 1980 GS850GLT

Hey all,
    As I have been posting lately about doing all the fine tutorials on BikeCliffs, site, I have run into a new problem since I rebuilt the tach seals. The tach worked fine before this, so after replacing seals and lubing cable with M/C cable lube, I now have a very slow responding tach, rises slowly and falls slowly, no kinks in cable, and when removing from tach while running, it seems to be spinning at speed. The gear seemed to go in OK, would having the lower nut over tightened cause this, or any other ideas, and are you suppose to lube the tach at all. Thanks...Jay

Hi,

Yes, take your gauges off, turn them upside down and squirt a few drops of your favorite lubricant; contact cleaner/lube, 3-n-1 oil, WD-40, silicone lube, etc, into the cable ports. Seems I have to do this periodically.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks Bassclif,
      I saw that previously posted and will give it a shot, why is it thou when you fix one thing, that three other things go wrong, it worked fine, and then after rebuild of lower unit, the tach quits working, go figure.

Comment

You may have too much grease on the cable, give it a quick wipe with a rag

Comment

Working...
        X