I am impressed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GS1100GK
    I haven't used them [modulators] and didn't know much about them such as disabled when on low beam and the light sensor.
    Actually, the Federal Code that allows modulators says that it can be installed in the power wire to either, the high beam or low beam, but can NOT be installed in the ground wire. I think the intent there is to limit its operation to one beam, not both.

The earliest models, the ones that were available back in the 70s, had a switch on them to turn them on and off. To avoid modulator operation at night, the Code now requires a photocell, but does not say anything about also having a switch, too.

The ease of turning the modulator on and off is one thing that makes it so easy to use courteously. When following a car for any length of time, the modulator would be VERY annoying, so I turn it off. When approaching a 4-way stop, I turn it off to prevent other people approaching the sign from thinking I am an emergency vehicle that is going to blast on through. When stopping for any other sign or light, I evaluate the situation. When I am comfortable that there is no danger of anyone pulling out of a driveway or turning in front of me before the sign/signal, I turn it off. Again, the intent of the modulator is to make others aware of my presence, not to annoy them. On the other hand, if a car pulls out in front of me a bit closer than I think would have been prudent (meaning that I had to slow down after they pulled into traffic), I will leave it on in their mirror just to 'remind' them that I am there.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
    X