Paint wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint wheels

What kind of color would be best to use ,if i want to paint my wheels?
    Can i paint it with a brush or must i spray them?

colour is a matter of your own choice.
    brush will look crap spray will be ok but only as good as your preperation, which is a lot!
    powder coating is your best bet
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

If paint is your only choose, then Id spray them. Duplacolor is a great paint if its available to you in Sweden. But Im with Age on the powder coating. Very durable and almost as many colors as paint.

Comment

i painted my wheels this past spring, and if you have rust-o-lium there i would recommend it. sand it with 400 grit sandpaper and clean the wheels good; also use a paint prep if you can find it. then use self-etching primer, rustolium wheel paint and the wheel clear coat. mine came out great...just take your time: if you rush you will get runs or miss spots. good luck... dont forget to let it fully cure. if you have access to a paint gun it will come out better, and probably cost about the same.

Comment

+1 on the powdercoating. Looks much better than I could have ever done with a spray can. Cost $85 for each wheel, that included the prep work.

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
            +1 on the powdercoating. Looks much better than I could have ever done with a spray can. Cost $85 for each wheel, that included the prep work.
            it makes sense powder coating. with spraying it needs a whole lot of prep and will only last a year if your lucky before it needs touching up or even respraying.
            powder coating may cost a bit more but will last for years
            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
            X