Lowering Footpegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering Footpegs

I would like to lower the footpegs on my GS850G about 1 1/2 inches for a more comfortable driving position. Has anyone done this or have any ideas how to do it? It looks like I can fabricate a bracket that would go between the footpegs and the bolt holes. Any ideas?
    Thanks, Terry

Just remember when you lower them you will have less conering clearance.... :twisted:

Comment

Have you thought about moving them forward. I f you move them down 1 1/2 in you will not have any clearance

Comment

It's a shaftie, cornering clearance isn't a consideration.

(payback for all the pro-shaft comments, nyah. :P )

Comment

Shafties like to drag peg too!

Comment

I actually drive the winding roads in Northwestern Illinois quite often and haven't drug a peg yet. Unfortunately while I am in a corner I don't have the time to look down and see how close the pegs are to the pavement. The only time I have drug a peg was on '83 SilverHawk that I was test driving. Also rubbed off the toe of my leather boot. That bike was way too small for me!

I think I'm going to have a friend fabricate a small fitting that will drop the pegs down 1 inch and see how that works. Most of the time on the highway I use my highway pegs but I can't do that in the twisting roads.
            Thanks, Terry

Comment

Working...
            X