80 GS1100E jetting advise needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80 GS1100E jetting advise needed

Could someone give me a ball park jetting figure for an 80 GS1100E , stock except for a drilled airbox with no top, K&N drop in filter and Vance & Hines 4-1 pipe with fiberglass gone? I bought this not running because it was all original & primo. Its turned into a nightmare, stator came off when I tried to start it. Air mixture screws on carbs had screw slots destroyed & are frozen in the carbs etc. It has what says 113 mains, 45 pilots in it. before I wrestle the carbs & airbox back on Id like to have an idea on the correct jetting or if what I have is correct. I bought 2 sets of carbs to make 1 good set out of three. One set has 1981 set has 132 mains w/45 pilots the other black set 82 ? has dynojet 150s with 45 pilots. What would be a good starting setting for the air screws also. Sorry for all the questions but this thing has kicked my ass and id just like to get it running. Thanks for any help you can provide me. Im at roughly 3500 ft elevation if it matters. I havent found a set of snap ring pliers to fit down the slides to check the needles, will I need to shim them ?

Put the black set on & start with the mixture screws at 2 turns out as a starting point & then adjust the screws CORRECTLY with the bike running. If you want help doing this over the phone, call me at 714-356-7845. Ray.

Comment

The 81 silver set is the only one that I can get all 4 air mixture screws out of so I have to use them. Theres 2 buggered up ones in both other sets

Comment

Then set those up with the parts from the black carbs. Ray.

Comment

Will do, thanks

Comment

DJ 150 is too rich on the main for a stock 1100 motor on the street. DJ138 main, or maybe use the Mikuni 132s with the DJ needles, 45 pilots, you'll need to adjust per idle as Ray says there, but i guarantee you'll end up over 3 turns out before all is said and done to get rid of popping on decel... Try the needle clips in the 4th slot from the bottom at first, see how that does for you... The KEY is the needles...DO NOT use the stock Mikuni needles, they wont work...

Comment

Anyone have a picture of the air mixture screws? I have a lot of popping on decel, and my bike has issues getting past 5,000rpm's under a heavy load. I think the carbs need an adjustment.

Comment

Might try starting a separate thread on this in an effort not to highjack woodmans here, but if its not pulling past 5k, that has nothing to do with your pilot mix screws..probably your needles....or you have other issues... Start another thread, and be sure to post up whether or not your bike is using a stock intake and exhaust system..or any mods and maintainence youve done to it..

Comment

Feel free to hijack, Im always willing to learn and I really do appreciate all the help you guys have given me

Comment

Working...
                  X