Replacing stock wires on Bandit coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing stock wires on Bandit coils

How important is it to clean out the gray adhesive that held in the original wires? Some of it seems to be on the electrodes that I'll be screwing the new wires onto, but it didn't seem to hamper performance with the original wires.

Do you guys put dielectric grease on your wires before attaching them to the coils and new plug caps?

Thanks,
    /UM

Despite what you may read on other forums the HT wires on bandit coils are not meant to be replaced, getting them fitted & sealed properly is a nightmare because of this so i'd advise leaving them alone

cheers tone

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
      Despite what you may read on other forums the HT wires on bandit coils are not meant to be replaced, getting them fitted & sealed properly is a nightmare because of this so i'd advise leaving them alone

cheers tone
      I've already done it once on my 750T. Worked wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
        I've already done it once on my 750T. Worked wonders.
        Why the question than mate

Also to have the wrong rated coils if you are using bandit 12 coils on a gs ...... b12= 2 to 3 ohms while most gs's are 3 to 5 ohms

cheers tone

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
          Why the question than mate

Also to have the wrong rated coils if you are using bandit 12 coils on a gs ...... b12= 2 to 3 ohms while most gs's are 3 to 5 ohms

cheers tone
          Because it was three years ago and I can't remember if I cleaned them out or not!

Seriously? Bandit 12 coils won't work??

That's a big disappointment ...

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
            Because it was three years ago and I can't remember if I cleaned them out or not!

Seriously? Bandit 12 coils won't work??

That's a big disappointment ...
            lol i'm like that with remembering stuff sometimes mate, its my age

The bandit coils will work but i'm not sure for how long, the last time i did it as a quick get you home repair on a gs1000 the coils got very hot & performance suffered, once i changed back to stock coils normal service was resumed

With the bandit coils back in their original home one failed within a month & the other failed within 6 months & i can only presume using them on the gs caused this as ive never had one fail before or since

Comment

Working...
            X