Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1000s not charging

I fitted a new Electrexworld Generator and rec rectifrier to my Gs1000s
    It still doesnt charge A brand new Battery.
    Im wondering if its somethin to do with lights switch doesnt it have the lights on to charge the Battery when bike is running.
    Please help.

GS that have headlight switch does have an extra contact in the switch for the charging system. BUt that contact only switches one of the three phases of the stator. The other two phases of stator always on.

So, No headlight switch does not have to be on for the charging system to operate. BUt when headlight switch is on, then the charging system has more capacity.

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
    Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Are you grounded?

Try running a wire from the rectifier mount screws to the battery neg. It worked for me, after I spent $200 on a stator I didn't need.
      Bill
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
        Try running a wire from the rectifier mount screws to the battery neg. It worked for me, after I spent $200 on a stator I didn't need.
        Bill
        Second on what Bill said. I also had to run the red (pos) output wire of the R/R directly to the pos. battery terminal with a fused wire for my bike to charge correctly. Actually did this for both of my bikes.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          GS that have headlight switch does have an extra contact in the switch for the charging system. BUt that contact only switches one of the three phases of the stator. The other two phases of stator always on.

So, No headlight switch does not have to be on for the charging system to operate. BUt when headlight switch is on, then the charging system has more capacity.

Of course, this only applies if your bike has an operating headlight switch.

What year is your bike?

One way to be sure that ALL the power is getting from the stator to the r/r is to bypass the loop that goes toward the headlight switch, and go straight to the r/r with all three leads. Then, make sure you have good contact with the red output wire from the r/r and run that redundant ground wire, too.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Gs not charging

Thanks for the replies.
            Gs is 1980 ,have ran a extra earth wire from Reg to Battery already the Battery is couple months old the wiring harness was brand new few yrs ago .
            so if I run the Red wire direct to Battery and see wot happen.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Originally posted by ryonker View Post
              Second on what Bill said. I also had to run the red (pos) output wire of the R/R directly to the pos. battery terminal with a fused wire for my bike to charge correctly. Actually did this for both of my bikes.

Rick
              Aaaaaaaaaaaah,did this to me Gs.
              Been out on Gs today done about 80miles today think could gettin some where,at last.
              But will give it a week and see wot happens.

Thanks for Help Guys.

steve

Comment

OOooooooooooooheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

OooooooooooohEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
                Lookin good no flat Battery yet 1 week later.

Comment

Working...
                X