80 GS1100 E fuel tube T question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80 GS1100 E fuel tube T question

Im building 1 good set of carbs out of three. Only one set has air mixture screws that I can remove. The set Im using has a loose fuel T-fitting. I bought an o-ring set thinking they would be replaceable o-rings but they arent. Is there anything I can use on the T to tighten it up some where it goes in the 2-3 carbs so Im sure it wont leak ? Once again you have my thanks.

If it uses the rubberized fuel t with the "permanent" orings, this is a common problem. One thing guys have used is a product i found at harbor freight that is a liquid plastic that you use to dip tool handles in. Dip each end, let it set up, and you're ready to go.

Comment

Thanks again for your help, can you use the dynojet needles with the Mikuni jets or do you need the dynojet jets ? I have 2 sets of the DJ needles but only the 150 DJ jets. The one carb set was running with mikuni jets and DJ needles but I never saw it run

Comment

There are quite a few guys on here that say it makes no difference.. Ive never tried it but dont see why it would cause any problems... The only difference between DJ jets and Mikuni jets is OD, and the size measurement is based on two different things...DJ measures by flow rate and Mikuni by the actual size of the jet.

Comment

Fuel T tube solution!

I bought a machined brass T fitting for my 82 750E from Robert at motorcyclecarbs.com that worked great with new o-rings I got from cycleorings.com. You can call him at 770-974-8851 or email sales@motorcyclecarbs.com.

Comment

The rubber expands when it soaks in gas, the leak may fix itself.
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              The rubber expands when it soaks in gas, the leak may fix itself.
              Yeah, that usually does the trick!!
              1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I got the Plasti Dip per The Cafe Kid and used it, seems to do the job, a lot tighter. I never ran the carbs but the fitting seemed awful loose. I also got the O-ring kit. Funny they would use the o-ring on the outer tube but not the T but they didnt. Ive used teflon tape on the Kaws but I like this dip better. Its $7.99 for a lfetime supply at Harbor Freight, even made in the USA

Comment

Working...
                X