Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustration with the Flywheel

Hi all,
    can anyone tell me where i can get a flywheel holding tool for a GS 1000, and is the retaining bolt anti clockwise to loosen or is it a reverse thread thanks for any info you can give

Stick a penny between the gears and use an air impact wrench. Harbor Frieght has rubber strap holders that will fit too. They adjust by pulling on the strap. I just left there buying Plasti Dip for the center fuel T. Its regular thread I think. You'll need a puller too to get the flyhweel/stator off

Comment

Thanks for the info i couldnt see one on there site, i'll get an impact gun and try it the way you said thanks again.

Comment

removing flywheel from a 1980 gs1000e,,,,

hi, guys,,,, i,ve removed and replaced my flywheel at least 3 times ,,,,over the last 5-6 years,,, especially when i,ve removed the starter clutch ,,before i think about shooting the jab engineer that took half measures,,, cost etc... anyway,,, i found if you secure a 16mm high tensile set screw ,,,hex head and just give the set screw a better champer on the thread ,,,, then screw it into the flywheel ,,then use a rattle gun to bounce it off ,,, also while you have it off,, polish the angle at the end of crank with 1500 wet and dry.. lightly .. and when tighten up the holding bolt on assembly.. use the rattle gun again.. hope this helps ...regards david from kaniva australia ....owns a 1980 gs1000E with ported head polished valves and blued and lapped ,,,as well as 1977 xs650 fully kitted out along with a developement electronic ignition set up that gives me approx. 10 percent mor power ,,and without a wasted spark ... regards david from kaniva aust...

Comment

Working...
        X