motor swapped now electrical issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor swapped now electrical issues

i swapped the motors on my 82 from 850 to 1100 and i found out that the electrical connectors are different coming from the points i think but the electrical box looks different ex.the fuses are the blade kind i know thats no big deal but the components are different also any help here?

Originally posted by elevatorman71 View Post
    i swapped the motors on my 82 from 850 to 1100 and i found out that the electrical connectors are different coming from the points i think but the electrical box looks different ex.the fuses are the blade kind i know thats no big deal but the components are different also any help here?
    Get a wiring diagram for both bikes. Trace what you're looking at from the motor of the 1100, to the frame of the 850, then match up what you need and connect them. You may need to make your own connectors, or move pins within existing connectors.

Comment

If you get both wiring diagrams , it helps to use a highlighter to colour them in and eliminate the common wiring , then you'll be left with only those that need modifying.Goodluck . Cheers,Simon.

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        Get a wiring diagram for both bikes. Trace what you're looking at from the motor of the 1100, to the frame of the 850, then match up what you need and connect them. You may need to make your own connectors, or move pins within existing connectors.
        would the wire colors be the same? or do they change?

Comment

Originally posted by elevatorman71 View Post
          would the wire colors be the same? or do they change?
          They may or may not in different instances. Thats why you need both wiring diagrams.

Earl
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
          X