Another 77 gs 750 b. Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 77 gs 750 b. Question

My 77 gs 750b. had just recently had the carbs rebuilt last winter [vm 26s]new kits plus orings .After installing them this spring it popped off right away.it ran good but seemed to run rich as it always did since i owned it 3 years now.Any how after 500 miles or so and different carb settings air /fuel set from 1/2 up to 1 1/4 turns it did'nt seem to lean out at all.It started to hang up after about after ten minute ride. As it got warm, from about 2000 rpm, it then dropped slowly until i either let it come down on its own or i used the gears to bring it down during deceleration.So now i pulled the carbs again and notice that somewhere between carbs 1an2 two when i worked the throttle cam back and forth there is some rubbing comming from somewhere.Could this had been the problem of my rich running condition all this time. Perhaps a worn throttle shaft? Can anybody give me some suggestions on my dillema. THANKS RICK V.

how can you tell somthing is rubbing? can you see it sticking somwhere or is the throttle just not returning? if somthing is rubbing it would have to be a pinched cable, mabye a vent tube getting in the way or you might just have a worn spring or a dried up cable, either way if your throttle is not returning it would of course cause your rpms tp hang. what do you mean when you say the carbs "popped off right away"?

Comment

Originally posted by RICKV. View Post
      My 77 gs 750b. had just recently had the carbs rebuilt last winter [vm 26s]new kits plus orings .After installing them this spring it popped off right away.it ran good but seemed to run rich as it always did since i owned it 3 years now.Any how after 500 miles or so and different carb settings air /fuel set from 1/2 up to 1 1/4 turns it did'nt seem to lean out at all.It started to hang up after about after ten minute ride. As it got warm, from about 2000 rpm, it then dropped slowly until i either let it come down on its own or i used the gears to bring it down during deceleration.So now i pulled the carbs again and notice that somewhere between carbs 1an2 two when i worked the throttle cam back and forth there is some rubbing comming from somewhere.Could this had been the problem of my rich running condition all this time. Perhaps a worn throttle shaft? Can anybody give me some suggestions on my dillema. THANKS RICK V.
      Just curious, who did your carbs? Were they totally disassembled and cleaned by soaking bodies, spraying carb cleaner and lots of compressed air?

Did you replace the intake (large) O-rings that go in front of the intake boots?

What is the condition of your intake boots and airbox boots?

Have you checked the valve clearances?

Forgive me if you already have addressed those issues, but they are so crucial for the bike to run correctly.

Rick

Comment

I had the carb done by a local shop. The owner said the were soaked for 24 hours. new kits nand orings were also installed. all the intake boots are soft and pliable. There are no o rings on these intake runners on this 750. and the valves were ajusted abuot 600 miles ago.

Comment

Working...
        X