Needle Valve - where to get one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needle Valve - where to get one?

Well, I went to the bike shop and asked the mech. what he thought might be causing the gas overflow into the airbox.

He claims its probably the needle valves not sealing properly causing a back up - makes sense!

Question - where can I get needle valves other than the dealer? Bike bandit wants like $40 per needle valve and I need 2.....its a "set" with the needle valve and seat. Should I try a junky yard for an old carb?

What the likelyhood mine is bad anyway? The bike has 20,000 miles on it.

Could be just a speck of dirt got lodged between the needle and seat. I can't really see how it would get damaged unless someone was too heavyhanded with it. If it is bad for some reason I'd try the salvage yard before spending 40 bucks for a set. I bet my money on it just being dirt though. Either betwwen the needle and seat or in the little tiny spring loaded pin in the needle itself.

Comment

try www.motorcyclecarbs.com.

I got jets etc from them last year and the service was good.

Regards,
      Tim

Comment

O-rings

Hey Granny, if your problem is a result of gas leaking past the needle valves.....I think it's far more likely that the gas is seeping past the O-rings than defective valves. If that's the case, it's a very cheap fix. Good luck!
        1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
        X