Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header for 1985 GS700 4 into 1

Hi Guys

I think I've read, here, that the early years of the 750 GSXR (85-91) headers will fit the GS700. I know the 1983 GS750 machines are the same, but does anyone know what Suzuki motorcycles take the same header? Will a GS1150 exhaust work?

Does anyone have a set of pipes they would like to sell???

Regards, Rick

1150 pipe can be MADE to work but doesn't go right on. Get an early GSX-R pipe. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      1150 pipe can be MADE to work but doesn't go right on. Get an early GSX-R pipe. Ray.
      Thanks Ray, is it the early years of the GSX-R and do I have the year grouping right (85-91). Will the whole system fit?, I am a welder so I'm not without skills but would like to keep a nice finish on the pipes if possible.

Best Regards, Rick

Comment

Look into the early katana (88-95 ish) exhausts. I just bolted up an 88 Kat exhaust directly onto my 84 Kat 750, which is the same engine/frame as your 85 700.

Only difference being the rear exhaust mounts; I had to fab some brackets to attach the mufflers to the rear footrest bolts. And don't expect to retain your center stand. Mine is the sweet factory black chrome finish, which matches the original.

If you're looking for 4-1, they should be easy to find, and original 4-2's show up on ebay at reasonably cheap prices, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
          Look into the early katana (88-95 ish) exhausts. I just bolted up an 88 Kat exhaust directly onto my 84 Kat 750, which is the same engine/frame as your 85 700.

Only difference being the rear exhaust mounts; I had to fab some brackets to attach the mufflers to the rear footrest bolts. And don't expect to retain your center stand. Mine is the sweet factory black chrome finish, which matches the original.

If you're looking for 4-1, they should be easy to find, and original 4-2's show up on ebay at reasonably cheap prices, too.
          Great, more options. Does the Katana exhaust have an opening for the oil filter, I should think so if the motors are alike. Too bad about the centerstand though- The mac is the only system left that is still available for the 83 GS750 but I don't know if that is what I'm looking for. I think those are fairly cheap set-ups and loud; I think I'm just looking for a good pipe that I can put a quiet slip on, on. Hindle has a set-up for the GSX-R that might be worth looking in to but I don't know how they fit and can't even get a picture of it. I hate buying blind.

Thanks Smokinapankake

Comment

Working...
          X