vac sync carb ports location? Noob Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vac sync carb ports location? Noob Q.

So I am setting up my mercury sticks to sync the carbs and I don't see any vac. ports except on carb #2.

I do see holes in the intake tubes w/ allen screws in them. Is this where the vac. guage is hooked up to?

If so is there some threaded adaptor that has a nipple on one side I can squeeze the vac hoses from the mercury stix onto?

Will the diff. in location from #2 carb vac nipple (the one that keeps the petcock open) and the others be an issue?

I found my bike's air screw ~ 5 to 6 turns out and reset them to 2 1/2 out. Do some of these bikes like the air screws opened waaay up?

83 850G.

Any diff in motor tune from the G and L models?

Don

Those would be it. go to z1enterprises.com and you can order the adapters from them for like 16.00 shipped.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Need to make sure you order the correct size however. They offer 5mm and 6mm adaptors. I do believe Zook uses the 6mm ones..

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        Need to make sure you order the correct size however. They offer 5mm and 6mm adaptors. I do believe Zook uses the 6mm ones..
        Nope, you need the 5mm adapters for Suzukis.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
          Nope, you need the 5mm adapters for Suzukis.
          Yikes, my bad! All i could remember is that Kaw used one size and zook the other, thought it was the other way around. Thanks for the save Brian!

As an aside, I know that Z1 sells PERMANENT carb sync adaptors for the Kaw's, in 6mm apparently. ANyone know where to get them for Suzukis?

Comment

oh and by the way
            those pilot screws you mentioned NO they shouldent be 6 turns out and 2 1/2 is a good base line and no on differance in tuning a E/L
            Rodman

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
              Yikes, my bad! All i could remember is that Kaw used one size and zook the other, thought it was the other way around. Thanks for the save Brian!

As an aside, I know that Z1 sells PERMANENT carb sync adaptors for the Kaw's, in 6mm apparently. ANyone know where to get them for Suzukis?
              You can order them from Carbtune:

(Their web developer should be dragged into the street and shot...)
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
              X