1978 GS750 Seat Compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 GS750 Seat Compatability

I just acquired a 1978 GS750. Very happy about it and look forward to many years of fun. However... it has a big ole king queen seat on it, and I'm looking to take it off and replace it with a normal flat seat. Does anyone know of a pan that is compatable with a 750 pan? I'm not going to get rid of the king queen, but want something more suitable for me, when the little lady isn't riding with me.

Thanks

Scudder

I have a 750 seat that will fit your bike. It has a tear in the seam, but the foam is good and the pan is good. This even has the little alu trim peices down the sides still. If you're interested in it, let me know.

TCK

Comment

Welcome !!!

If I'm not mistaken, '77-'79 750 seats should interchange with the exception of the "L" models.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

I think a 1979 GS850 seat is the same as well, not positive.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Scudder View Post
          I just acquired a 1978 GS750. Very happy about it and look forward to many years of fun. However... it has a big ole king queen seat on it, and I'm looking to take it off and replace it with a normal flat seat. Does anyone know of a pan that is compatable with a 750 pan? I'm not going to get rid of the king queen, but want something more suitable for me, when the little lady isn't riding with me.

Thanks

Scudder
          Scudder, Ive sent you a Private Message regarding the seat.

Thanks.

TCK

Comment

Working...
          X