GS450L clutch cover ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AOD
    fast, email me at reinkster@hotmail.com - and we'll work out shipping. i have to send a package out tomorrow during lunch, so i can ship the cable to you.

as for clutch adjustment, its pretty easy. it goes like this:

install the new clutch cable, and tighten the screw on the clutch lever all the way in, and tighten the bolt adjusting the clutch cable on top of the clutch cover all the way down. make sure the lock nut on both the cover and the lever is tight. make sure the clutch cover is bolted up to the engine case tightly.

remove the three screws holding the clutch adjustment cover on if you haven't already. you'll see a locknut with a flat-blade screw in it. loosen the locknut and back the screw out a bit. now slowly tighten the screw until you feel some resistance from the clutch rod. loosen the screw about 1/2 turn then, and tighten the locknut making sure the screw DOES NOT MOVE.

now make adjustments in the clutch lever free play by tightening the clutch cable adjustment on the lever or on the top of the clutch cover. loosen the locknut, and adjust until you have about 2mm of free play in the clutch lever. tighten the lock nuts for both then.

now put the bike on its centerstand. clutch the bike a few times to make sure nothing is binding and it feels good. start the bike engine, clutch, and put the bike in gear. make sure the clutch is fully disengaging and that no power is being transmitted to the rear wheel. it may spin a little bit due to vibration, but if you put your foot on it the wheel should stop with the clutch engaged.

if its dragging, you have the clutch adjustment rod too tight...readjust.

~Adam
    awesome, im emailing you right now, thanks
    R

Comment

got cable today in the mail and i soaked both ends of the cable in oil and installed and adjusted and everything and works good now the rear brakes are locking up, hmm

i need to send you what it cost to mail that cable to me, i appreciate it !

thanks
      !

Comment

no big deal, glad you got it okay. sorry it wasn't the most perfect shape, but i knew it would work. i found another clutch cable over the weekend too, heh.

you'll be on the road soon again...hang in there!

~Adam

Comment

Working...
        X