stalling when warmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stalling when warmed

My `79 Gs1000E stalls whenever I slow to a stop. It starts easily and runs good until it warms up then it will stall when I slow down. Idle speed is aprox1000-1300 rpm. I assume the timing is fine because there is no back firing, and no bogging down. Please help

It sounds like it may be starving for more air. An engine relies more on fuel when it first warms up, that's why it needs the choke. After warming up, problems with air intake become more noticable. Too much air gives you a lean condition and higher rpm's. Too little air lowers the rpm's. Try the easiest things first. Turn the side air screws out a full turn on each carb and see if that helps. If they are tight, make sure you use a good fitting screwdriver so you don't strip the head. Also, make sure the air filter is clean. Your problem can be a lot of things. Try this out first and let us know how it goes. I have the same bike as you. Check out my website below.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I have the 29mm Mikuni carbs with K&N Filter pods. R the air screws the same as on the 26mm carbs?

Comment

Originally posted by DJones
        I have the 29mm Mikuni carbs with K&N Filter pods. R the air screws the same as on the 26mm carbs?
        I've never worked on the 29mm carbs but I'm sure they have the same side air screw. Turning them out allows more air.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
        X