Not really a problem, just curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really a problem, just curious

Changed the oil today (10-40), which is what I had in there. Synthetic blend Castrol regular ol oil (not motorcycle specific) and now my bike seems to shift so much easier, it used to kinda click or bang when I shifted now its dead quiet (I actually had to look down and SEE that it was in third gear) all is well right? :roll:

Onto other noises clicks bells and whistles, theres a tapping sound definitly coming from the top end of the engine that increases as the rpms do. I remember my old Regal had a sticky lifter and tapped like that and my mechanic told me to toss Marval Mystery Oil in with each change to quiet it down and maybe it was my imagination but it seemed to work. Is there any oil/fuel additive that I can add to quiet her down without bothering the clutch?

Once again thank you all for your help and responses

go the long/correct way and adjust the valves. Please dont put marvel mystery ino your bike.

Comment

There's an article or two elsewhere on this site that speak to Oil and Oil additives.

and

Have a good sitdown and read these. I thought I knew nothing about oil. After reading these articles I was convinced of it. Good reading on the can though.

Comment

Re: Not really a problem, just curious

Originally posted by JohnnyRed
        Changed the oil today (10-40), which is what I had in there. Synthetic blend Castrol regular ol oil (not motorcycle specific) and now my bike seems to shift so much easier, it used to kinda click or bang when I shifted now its dead quiet (I actually had to look down and SEE that it was in third gear) all is well right?
        I'm confused. What oil was in there before, and what's in there now?

Comment

Working...
        X