Actual stock rear tire size gs1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mighty13d View Post
    "When you you got your bike it probably had a 130/90-17 tire on it. The stock tire for a 1982 and 1983 Gs1100 Katana is 114/88-17 (4.50v 17) This has already changed your gearing by 3 mph (5 kph) @ 4000 rpm. The 130 tire is larger than the stock one so you are traveling 66 mph (106.5 kph) @ 4000 rpm instead of 62 mph (100 kph)"

Don't be misleading and allow people to thing that when their speedo says 62 mph, that they are really going 66. That's not true. The speedo runs off the front tire so no matter what the gearing to the rear is, the front is correct if the right tire is on front. Maybe you should stipulate that? or at least take out the extra "you" at the beginning of that paragraph?

EDIT: I know you aren't actually saying that your speedo is off, but it's easy enough for someone to think that is what you are saying.
    Is that what you you get from that? That is not what I am saying. I am trying to point out the changes of speed and rpm. The speedo is correct yes but they may be wondering why the tach is screaming or seems behind. I will read it again and see what I can do.

I fixed that typo as well, thanks.
    Last edited by katman; 09-09-2009, 05:24 AM.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
      Is that what you you get from that? That is not what I am saying. I am trying to point out the changes of speed and rpm. The speedo is correct yes but they may be wondering why the tack is screaming or seems behind. I will read it again and see what I can do.

I fixed that typo as well, thanks.

I don't know, don't listen to me.. I'm working on 38 hours of being up and at least 3 more to go before I get home. If it sounds good to you, leave it!

Comment

Originally posted by mighty13d View Post
        I don't know, don't listen to me.. I'm working on 38 hours of being up and at least 3 more to go before I get home. If it sounds good to you, leave it!
        Well if one guy took it wrong than another can too. I have rewrote it. Maybe it reads better now. have put in about 50 hrs on the site and my eyes are pretty square as well. I see I even spelled tach wrong...ahahahahahaha
        Last edited by katman; 09-09-2009, 05:23 AM.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
          Well if one guy took it wrong than another can too. I have rewrote it. Maybe it reads better now. have put in about 50 hrs on the site and my eyes are pretty square as well. I see I even spelled tach wrong...ahahahahahaha
          ??????????????? It took them 15 posts to say what i already said that ure bike takes a 130/90x17 tire. Now ure confusing people with ratios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
            ??????????????? It took them 15 posts to say what i already said that ure bike takes a 130/90x17 tire. Now ure confusing people with ratios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
            Sorry, thought this was the TECH! section .......!!!!!!!!!!!!!xxxxxxxxxxx=======+++++++_____ ___-----------and by the way, I asked the quesion and...... it wasn't the right answer.
            Last edited by katman; 09-09-2009, 05:43 AM.
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

if i click on the image of the chart at the bottom of the page i'm told it can't be found

Comment

which one there are 5. There is no problem on my two computers using firefox and IE8. They also work on my iphone using Safari.

Anyone else having this problem?
                Last edited by katman; 09-09-2009, 07:40 AM.
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Metzeler website lists 130/90 - 17 M/C 68V TL LASERTEC - 2.5 BAR

Comment

Working...
                  X