Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Rectifier

Hey Peoples,
    Here is a cheap replacement rectifier. Don't buy from the dealer. This one is actually a better piece, can withstand more punishment and is alot cheaper. Check this link out:

Josh

Is this just a rectifier and not a regulator, or is this the same thing?
    If it is a different thing where can I get the regulator part?

Comment

It is just the rectifier. You can get a regulator from the same company.

Comment

its in PDF my computer hates pdf, never wants to work right

Comment

Get a used Honda regulator.
          Simple, cheap and it works !

I've used Honda reglulator/rectifiers on three Suzukis so far...

Comment

The guy in the electric store tested my rectifier and he said it wasn't broken. All the testresults are correct.

He didn't what the problem was, but it's not the rectifier (providing the schedule of the rectifier in the stator pages is correct).

It might be the stator. He told me two things:
            - first of all not all multimeters might not work correct for the higher frequencies (above 70 hz) 5000rpm (83hz) might be to much for my multimeter. So the reading might be wrong.

- Second: He told me I should measure the stator output with load. To make sure their is no shortage. (I think the resistency test gives the same result and this was ok).

I'm going to a bike shop with proper equipment and have it checked out by them.

Comment

The site shows the cut sheets in .pdf format. You can go to the webpage and look around for different electical parts.

Taking it to the shop is often an easy fix. You don't have to stress out about if what you think is wrong is really the problem. The only bad part about taking something into the shop is the labor cost. They rape you blind! Good luck on fixing the bike. I hope all works out well. What is the bike doing? Just not charging? Let me know what you find out!

Comment

Originally posted by robpanis
                The guy in the electric store tested my rectifier and he said it wasn't broken. All the testresults are correct.

He didn't what the problem was, but it's not the rectifier (providing the schedule of the rectifier in the stator pages is correct).

It might be the stator. He told me two things:
                - first of all not all multimeters might not work correct for the higher frequencies (above 70 hz) 5000rpm (83hz) might be to much for my multimeter. So the reading might be wrong.

- Second: He told me I should measure the stator output with load. To make sure their is no shortage. (I think the resistency test gives the same result and this was ok).

I'm going to a bike shop with proper equipment and have it checked out by them.
                Did you do the simple, on the bike, voltage test at the battery at the diferent RPMs as suggested in the stator papers. That is an excellent and accurate test.

Comment

The shop will fix it for you. They just replace everything :roll:

Comment

Working...
                  X