• Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 engine on a 750es frame?

Would that work? Mounts similar?

Re: GS1100 engine on a 750es frame?

Originally posted by 83gs750es
    Would that work? Mounts similar?
    Short answer...no. The '83 750 engine shrunk in size from prevous years(about 1.5" shorter top to bottom and front to back). But, anything is possible if you want to do some cutting and welding. My plan when I purchased my '83 750es was to do just as you've inquired about, but after test fitting I could not see a way to shoe horn my 1100 engine into the '83 chassis with out modifing the frame. I do have the 1100 engine in an '81 750 chassis which is a direct swap with the exception of the bottom center engine mount.

Comment

thats it.. Your done.. Dont answer any more of my questions.. all you have for me is bad news!!! lol. Darnit. and I could get a nice 1100 motor for a hundred bucks... I dont feel like cutting and welding so.... no go flow jo..

ok.. Dan, answer me this then.... What can I do to make my 750 just a little bit quicker? I am putting in a 14t front this weekend...

Comment

I personally would pick up the 1100 any way..... If nothing else you triple your money on Ebay or dragbike.com

Comment

Originally posted by 83gs750es
          thats it.. Your done.. Dont answer any more of my questions.. all you have for me is bad news!!! lol. Darnit. and I could get a nice 1100 motor for a hundred bucks... I dont feel like cutting and welding so.... no go flow jo..

ok.. Dan, answer me this then.... What can I do to make my 750 just a little bit quicker? I am putting in a 14t front this weekend...
          1100 for $100? I'd buy it just to have on hand. Make it quicker? The usual 4-1 pipe, Jet kit or different carbs. There are others better able to anwser specifics on the perfomance issues. Off hand I know Billy Ricks and oldschoolgs have modded their '85 and '83 respectively and have posted in the past on the specifics. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X