GS1100E pilot jet questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100E pilot jet questions

Im finishing up building 1 set of 34mm Cv stock carbs out of 3. Some of the pilot have no holes in the side, others have them. Should I use the ones with only the single bottom hole or the ones with the holes on the sides & the bottom ? All of them are 45s. Thanks for the help again

There was a discussion a while back on this very subject. Not sure what difference it would make, but make sure they are all the same. If it does not work well, use the other set, but be sure to let us know about your findings.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Either will work but I would use all the same.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

According to the rebuilding posting on GS main page it shows the stock pilots as having holes in the picture. I dont know if thats the problem though because 2 run right and 2 have much cooler pipes when on the pilot circuit. I guess Ill take them off again and go thru the end carbs again to see if anything is plugged up. Once it comes off the pilot circuit the bike hauls ass. I did a search but all I could find were 2 guys arguing over which to use. Unless someone knows otherwise I think Ill change to all stock ones w/holes as Im using Mikuni mains with dynojet needles. I just wish they could have made the carbs more difficult to get off & on with the factory airbox. At least I know it runs now so the stator repair worked OK

Comment

Cound one of the experts give me some advise on this ?

Comment

I've run both and both worked.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

BS 30/96 Pilot Jets

Originally posted by woodman View Post
              Cound one of the experts give me some advise on this ?
              Mr. Woodman;
              The correct pilot jet model for BS34 Carbs is BS 30/96 and they has holes in their side. You can find them at a very low price at: http://www.preferredpowersports.com/...TH_FOUR_BL.htm

Just use the above link and that's it.
              Good luck

Comment

Thank you, I have both types of pilot jets, just didnt know which ones to use.

Comment

Working...
                X