acceleration when you turn steering one way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acceleration when you turn steering one way

what would cause some RPM acceleration if you turn the forks one way but ot the other ? usually ? it depends on how much you adjust cable tighter, i hope it doesnt mean worn cable, and that it just means cable needs rerouted or something, also why does the right angled tube pivot thingy out the bottom of the thorttle handle assembly so loose and wobbly for, IE the cable guide(term just came to me finally)

i consider this safety issue if it were to stick at a bad time!

thanks!

I think your throttle cable is just too tight. Find out which way you turn that tightens the cable, then readjust the cable for that spot.

Comment

Had the same problem after removing and reinstalling the tank. The cable was to tight and had pinched under the tank..check the routing of the cable and make sure it is not stuck/caught on anything..

Rob

Comment

ill have to inspect cable routing,

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by HiSPL
          I think your throttle cable is just too tight. Find out which way you turn that tightens the cable, then readjust the cable for that spot.
          ok,, if its too tight, then how do you adjust idle speed ? you basically cant speed it up AND have it not pull when you turn one direction, seems like a poor design !

thanks

Comment

I had the same problem on my GS1100 when I got it. It simply amounted to the cable being routed incorrectly. I rerouted and haven't had a problem since.

Comment

It is quite normal to get some extra tension put on a throttle cable when the handlebar is turned to one full lock or the other. Both my GS750ES and my son's SV650 show this tendency (with correctly routed cables) if the cable adjustment is not correct. The owner's manuals for both bikes specify a certain amount of slack, or "free play" in the cable for this reason. I personally don't like having significant slack in the throttle cable as it makes smooth riding more difficult. So, what I do is get the bike up to operating temperature, when the idle is steady, then adjust out all freeplay, with the front wheel pointing straight ahead. I then turn the handlebars to one full lock, then the other. If there is any evidence of increased idle speed on turning the handlebar, I back off the adjustment until that effect disappears (usually only a minor adjustment). If the increase in idle revs is very significant on turning the handlebar, then you may have an incorrectly routed throttle cable. I believe that the Suzuki sevice manual shows the correct routing for all cables (at least, the one for my 1983 GS750E/ES does).

Comment

Working...
              X