Does anyone have cruise control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have cruise control?

I am thinking of installing a cruise control, looking for advise, what to watch for, any thing else anyone wants to add.

I use a throttle lock so I can shake my right hand back to life

Comment

Rocker

Before you make a big investment, you might consider trying a Throttle Rocker. I think they're fantastic.....10 bucks delivered! 8)
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Re: Rocker

Originally posted by chuckycheese
        Before you make a big investment, you might consider trying a Throttle Rocker. I think they're fantastic.....10 bucks delivered! 8)
        They're great. Doesn't allow you to remove your hand, but you can stretch your fingers. If you have foam grips, though, they will just slip.
        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

[url]http://groups.msn.com/LynnsGSpix/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=15

Here is one if it comes thru it is a friction clutch works very well

Comment

I had a throttle lock thingy on my old BMW R100RS for ten years (only sold the bike this year) and it worked great, just the thing for lifting your master hand off and shaking the blood back into your fingers when they go numb from that old twins vibrating, also handy to use as a fast idle device to warm the bike with the choke off on cold morning while you're putting your cold weather gear on.

I haven't tried the rocker yet, I'll have to wait til I find another old shaftie tourer to put it on............. :twisted:

Comment

Like mine

Yup, My 850 came with a simple plastic clampy thing that you can push down on and set the degree of clampage. A light touch allows you to relax your hand but still tweak the throtle as needed for hills and traffic. The thing is easy to defeat even when clamped hard and I don't feel it is a safety hazard. I like it alot and it has to be a cheap item.
              MIke

Comment

I've used the plastic throttle locks on every bike I've ever owned since 1978. Currently have one by Vista Cruise. You can get them from a lot of the mail order / internet companies, for about $18 plus shipping. They work great and are very safe IMO. Easy to turn and adjust the throttle while its engaged, and the thumb flippy lever is very easy to disengage when you want to shut down the throttle quickly. Just stick your thumb out while twisting the throttle off so your thumb hits and flips the lever to 'off'.

Have also had the bulky silver jobbies with the linkage across the right handlebar switch box connecting to a fat metal ring. Its also made by Vista Cruise, but they hog a lot of the hand grip space, are more expensive and clunkier to use.

I have to adjust the tension to be pretty stiff, because if cruise at 5 1/2 grand or above on my GS1100E, the vibration makes it lose grip and then the bike doesn't maintain its speed. Even set to stiff, its still not a problem to move the throttle as needed.

Comment

I just tell the lady in back to take the throttle, while I relax and lean waaaaay back. Ahhh,chi-chi's & c-c's. 8)
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                  X