Stupid question - putting tank on bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid question - putting tank on bike

I had to take my GS700ES from the local dealership when they refused to help me out on my rusted tank. They cleaned out my carbs, but gave me a bike with no tank. I have since found a tank, but there is a small pump? on the inside of the tank. There is a wire coming out of with with two small bullet-type slide connectors and then another tube that looks like a vent hose. What does this small motor do? Is the other tube a vent or does it pump gas somewhere? I have a new tank coming soon and I need to figure out how to install this. Thanks for the help.

It sounds like it is the in tank fuel gauge not a pump. The hose is just a drain for the sending unit (in case it leaks)

Comment

Sending Unit?

What exactly is the sending unit? I see where the fuel line bolts onto the bottom of the tank. It leads directly into the carbs and has a screen that projects up into the tank. I never thought of my fuel gauge.

Thanks

Comment

Suzukis dont have fuel pumps in the tanks. The hose is the tank vent and the 2 wires are for your gas gauge.

Comment

Working...
        X