Vacuum/vent hoses on GS750 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum/vent hoses on GS750 carbs

I have been poring over BikeCliff's site, and thought I had found the right information, but this link led me to the right information about the wrong carbs. My carbs are the tall Mikuni units, and the vacuum hose that was still connected to the petcock seems to be bent in such a way as to lead to the #3 carb. There are two other identical hose fittings on the carbs, and one large one which is obviously fuel supply. What do the other two small fittings do? Vents, as in the link above?

If you have a '79 or older 750, #3 is the vacuum for the petcock, the identical looking nipples on #2 and #4 are vents.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Like he says! That is what mine are---VM carbs There is a good illustration I think on the BassCliff website.

Comment

Originally posted by tlepac View Post
        Like he says! That is what mine are---VM carbs There is a good illustration I think on the BassCliff website.
        OK, that is what it appeared to be. I am putting this bike together now, and it has had some missing hoses for a while, so I have to try to make sense out of some of this.

The only illustration I found on the BassCliff site was for a different style carb, as I linked above.

Thanks,
        Jonathan

Comment

Working...
        X