Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad blankedly-blank blinkers

I just love my bike.

Now the left turn signal is not working. the device in the picture below just goes "buzz" when the turn signal switch is pushed to the left. When I push the switch to the right, it buzzes for about a 1/4 second and then the flashing works as normal.

So do I have to replace this thing pictured below? What is it called on BikeBandit? I could not find it in the fiche.

How about that how-to on Basscliff site, where he bought one from an auto parts place? Anyone have an opinion on this method?

Many thanks for your help, again.

The buzz a half second before the first flash is normal.
    Pull both your bulbs out on the side that does not work, start cleaning corrosion out of the socket. Clean the bulbs, make sure they light up when you put 12v to them. If that doesn't fix it, clean every connector along the circuit from the battery, the switches to the bulbs, to the grounds. You will need a diagram to figure it out.

If it flashes OK on one side, the flasher is good, it's the same flasher for both sides, just switched differently to the other set of bulbs.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

+1 should be a grounding issue, I just had to hunt for the wiring on my bike since th PO dissconnected it all!!!

Comment

One thing that is helpful in isolating where the issue lies is to swap the turn signal wire between left and right lights in the headlamp bucket. Same can be done in the rear. If the failure to blink remains after switching wires you know it is all in the tail light. If not there is something in the harness.

Comment

Hi,

I always advocate cleaning every electrical connection and ground, including the fusebox and the ignition switch. You'll be glad you did.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
            Hi,

I always advocate cleaning every electrical connection and ground, including the fusebox and the ignition switch. You'll be glad you did.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
            You're right, I really do need to do that!

Thanks to the replies in this thread, I pulled all my bulbs out on front and rear, left and right, and found the problem was the little metal clip which holds the rear bulb in place - and create the ground link - was broken on the left rear.

I also noticed the other rear, on the working right side, had its metal clip "repaired" with a small hoseclamp. Just to get me working while I'm trying to solve my engine problem I jammed the clip between the bulb and the socket and it is working and holding for now. I'll add that to the growing list of things to fix this winter!

Thanks again.
            -Bob

Comment

Working...
            X