Grippy question... dead body parts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grippy question... dead body parts...

OK, I've seen a lot of you with different grips. And I KNOW you all have opinions. So, in my 2 hour daily commute I need better grips. I went out and bought "gel" grips at the dealers recommendation. Out $25 and my right hand is dead at 20-25 minutes into the morning commute. I'm contemplating the fix I saw here with the caulk and buckshot, but I want the commuter opinions especially. Is the foam or one type grip that's better cause I can't believe Kuryakins are worth the money. Big Nick, give me some feedback too. Can ya hook a brother up?

I use an old two-iece British style grip.

It has ribs that separate the two parts to give a cushion.

Worked very well on the 50's and 60's bikes, when vibration was vastly worse than later bikes. Still works now.

If your vibration gets to you after only 20 minuts, I would look elsewhere for the cause. You may be surprised at what you find. Often it is carburetion that causes poor ignition, resulting in vibration.

Carbs cause other problems, too. I had a mechanic look at mine to find the cause of noise, and he diagnosed a clutch basket problem.

A better set-up of the carbs got rid of the noise, and reduced handlebar vibration.
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Re: Grippy question... dead body parts...

If you have that much vibration, I'll bet you my $20 to your 5 cents that 90% of the cause is your carb mixtures and ignition timing are not to specs and your carb synchronization is somewhere beyond horrible. The grips are not the problem.

Earl

Originally posted by yashana5783
      OK, I've seen a lot of you with different grips. And I KNOW you all have opinions. So, in my 2 hour daily commute I need better grips. I went out and bought "gel" grips at the dealers recommendation. Out $25 and my right hand is dead at 20-25 minutes into the morning commute. I'm contemplating the fix I saw here with the caulk and buckshot, but I want the commuter opinions especially. Is the foam or one type grip that's better cause I can't believe Kuryakins are worth the money. Big Nick, give me some feedback too. Can ya hook a brother up?
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
        I'll bet you my $20 to your 5 cents that 90%
        Unnngghhhh, that hurts.....

Comment

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Jeckler
          Unnngghhhh, that hurts.....
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X