in need of help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in need of help

Ok...I need some expert help. I have been posting that my GS650 GL has been leaking fuel from the drain hole in the air box.
    Here is why. I removed the carbs and it is not a carb problem. The #2 cylinder is pulling fuel in and spitting it back out into the airbox. All the other cylinders have good compression. It releases the exhaust both out the exhaust and back through the carb. I hope I have explained this well enough. Is this evidence of a valve not seating properly? Can I use some sort of dissolvant instead of pulling the head off again? (maybe oven cleaner?) please help
    -JR

First check your valve clearances, You've got an intake that is not seating. If your clearances are good (and I'll bet it's not), you're probably going to be pulling that head. If your clearance is real loose on that valve, it's off the seat and not sealing.

Comment

#2 is also what supplies vacuum to the petcock. Check that for a ruptured diaphram.

Comment

gary,
        If the clearance is too loose, what all do I need to replace? Will I need to pull the head?

Comment

valve

Check the clearance and go from there. If it's wayyyy out... you'll have to pull the head and see why, bent valve stem is the first guess, followed by corrupt valve seat.

Comment

You would be looking at a way loose clearance, not just a few thousands. If the clearance is way out, yes, you are looking at pulling the head.

Comment

Working...
            X