Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh baby! it runs!

i'm so stoked!

i came back from getting my older bike last night, and yanked its carbs off. for those that dont know i'm waiting on a replacement carb body for my 79 (newer) bike.

i got back here today, put the carbs on, hooked up the lines, double checked the new Dyna S wiring, checked for spark on each wire, and FIRED IT UP!

wow! stared like butter...i moved around the dyna S a bit to set the timing by ear...revved it up a bit and grinned ear to ear as i jumped around in celebration!!!! :P :P :P

8)

and my old bike, carbs currently on the previous until i get the new carb body, for sale eventually. notice the carbs laying in the grass behind it, hehe.

i'm so excited about this thing...i'm going riding again tonight! hopefully the rain holds off. woooooo hooooo.

just had to share with everyone, and express my results with the Dyna S, Dyna Coils and Dyna wires...AWESOME!

~Adam

ANOTHER satisfied Customer!!!! :twisted:

Comment

...I was wondering why after reading your posts you didn't swap out the needed parts from the one you're selling considering you have 2 gs550s but alas.......it was not sharing the garage. Congrats on getting your main ride running! Looks sweet, I like the lower fairing around the exhaust, also the cafe racer fairing is slick. I was looking at a few cafe fairings for my 550, got my bike all naked now. Guess you're ready for some Chicago riding! Sweet 8)

Comment

heck yeah! i rode from DesPlaines to Woodfield and back and there again on sunday, lol. it was great. the feel of the bike is so nice now...i'm in love with it again (dont tell my girlfriend ). it feels like a whole new bike with the added spark and removal of the points.

i was talking with firsttimer on AIM- we should setup a GS Chicago ride sometime or at least get us 550's together and cruise or something. he's a northsider...i'm in the northwest suburbs.

~Adam

Comment

I am all for it. Great to hear that the electrical upgrades worked out. I plan on going that route some day but for now everything is running very well so if it ain't broke.....you know. I will keep posting in the Chicago Ride/GS Meetingplace to keep in touch. A nice 550 cruise would be sweet. I'll keep an ear/eye out for y'all. 8)

Comment

Working...
          X