'82 GS1100GK Needle Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'82 GS1100GK Needle Jet

Hey guys, thanks for your help with my last thread on my carb. I have one more question, does anyone know where I can find a replacement needle jet for my '82 GS1100GK (its a Mikuni BS34SS carb). The bore of the current jet seems to be preventing the slide from closing completely.

I did go to the local shop and they were unable to find one from Suzuki or any of their suppliers.

Thanks Much!!

Try this place. You're going to have to find which jets you need.

Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

no such luck, I gave them a call and they said that they don't carry suzuki carb needle jets

Comment

You're referring to the main jet in the middle that the little pin on the bottom of the slide goes into (on CV carbs)?

Have you tried removing the jet and soaking it in carb dip overnight? It may just have some varnish buildup inside of it.

Comment

ya, tried that. i had it soaked in the ultrasonic tub at the local bike shop and I left it in carb cleaner overnight with no luck. the rim of the needle jet that slightly protrudes in the venturi is bent to all hell (I know that doesn't really matter, but it does speak to the condition of the needle jet).

Comment

Originally posted by pkelly638 View Post
            no such luck, I gave them a call and they said that they don't carry suzuki carb needle jets
            I figured a needle jet for a Mikuni BS34SS carb was the same regardless of which bikes they were on......

Am I wrong about that ?

Did you try to look it up on thier website or just call 'em ?
            Larry D
            1980 GS450S
            1981 GS450S
            2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
              I figured a needle jet for a Mikuni BS34SS carb was the same regardless of which bikes they were on......

Am I wrong about that ?

Did you try to look it up on thier website or just call 'em ?
              Sorry, should have been a bit more clear in my reply. I called them to ask them which needle jet that I needed and they said that they had no way of figuring out which one that I needed. I took the needle jet out to look at it, but the etching of the number on the jet is worn down and I can't really make it out. Any advice?

Comment

Here's a picture of the piece that I'm talking about for clarification!

Comment

Dang... if you'd asked a few days ago I would have been able to tell you while I had my carbs apart. I think the numbers are in the shop manual on my home machine though.

Comment

Can you read a number off the needle jet in one of the other carbs?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by pkelly638 View Post
                      Sorry, should have been a bit more clear in my reply. I called them to ask them which needle jet that I needed and they said that they had no way of figuring out which one that I needed. I took the needle jet out to look at it, but the etching of the number on the jet is worn down and I can't really make it out. Any advice?

Go visit Cliff's site and download the manual for your bike

I think your needle jets are X-1. That's what I found there.

EDIT: Just found this with a search.........

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Found this too.......doesn't look good......

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
                      Last edited by Larry D; 10-01-2009, 07:40 PM.
                      Larry D
                      1980 GS450S
                      1981 GS450S
                      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Alpha-Sports' fiche sez it's "X-3":

40 09494-00358
                        .JET, NEEDLE (X-3)

NLA, unfortunately. But it's a lead...

A little cross-referencing over at Babbitt's... it appears to be unique to the 1100G/GL/GK models -- the 850 uses X-5, and the 1000G uses X-6. The 1100E uses X-1.

Hmmm.
                        Last edited by bwringer; 10-01-2009, 07:51 PM.
                        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

If you cannot find any I have a set of carbs off my 82 GS1100GK I could knock one out and snail it out your way?

Comment

I probably have one. What's the number stamped on it?
                            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                            X