Handlebar inner diameter needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handlebar inner diameter needed

Working with a cruise control manufacturer to see what applications exist for my bike, 1982 GS850L with stock (buck horn?) bars. I guess the outer diameter is 7/8", but they need to know the inner diameter on both ends. Can anybody help?
    Thanks,
    Larry

Either post here, or at Larry.Barasch@cbmoves.com

Thanks.

The I.D. of my aftermarket Superbike-bend bars was .690 " , when I measured them to whip up some vibration dampening metal slugs. Don't know if the stockers are the same though..... someone should have a spare stock set of bars to measure up.

Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Comment

If I don't get an answer by the end of the day, I'll try to pull my grip off and measure when I get home from work. Just that they've been on for 27 years now, and I really don't want to disturb them if I can avoid it.

Comment

you should be able to remove the throttle sleeve off just by splitting the r/h switch gear. no need to prise off the grips from the bars. its a 5 minute job.
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

OK...
          Pulled off the throttle and left side grips today, and inner handlebar diameter measures 21/32" or 1.7cm. Only thing is, a solid metal plug (possibly and anti-vibration bar end) is sunk inside the handlebar end, starting about 1/2" in from the end, and I don't know how far in it goes. This must be stock from the factory as nobody has touched this bike except for me since 1982. Anyone here ever remove these plugs, and if so, how?

Comment

just drill them out, or drill through them slightly smaller and use a dremmel to clean the inside up
            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
            X