Where to get breather mesh???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get breather mesh???

I've been reviewing fiche after fiche of various GS cylinder head covers looking for that mesh stuff that goes in the breather cavity of my GS1100EX.

I've come to the conclusion that some models used it, & some didn't.

I say this because the mesh does indeed show up on the parts fiche of breathers that have a distinct "hour-glass" look, but those that are more rectangular (such as the one on my 1100EX) the parts fiche do not show it...

Am I missing something here??
    '85 GS550L - SOLD
    '85 GS550E - SOLD
    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
    '81 GS750L - SOLD
    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Hi,

All I can say is that I've noticed the same thing. I can find the mesh part numbers for my 850 but I don't see them for your 1100.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I've got an '82 1100EZ, and it shows up on the fitch at Bike Bandit. Part number is 476086-001, and it's a little over seven and a half dollars. The fitch title is Cylinder Head Cover, Model Z. The seperator is the thirteenth item on the diagram. It's not exact, but maybe it could be trimmed to fit? I need to take mine out as soon as my new gaskets get in (should ship today), and I'll take pictures and measurements at that time.
      Last edited by Guest; 10-05-2009, 04:00 PM. Reason: Correcting model year

Comment

Originally posted by Turtleface View Post
        I've got an '82 1100EZ, and it shows up on the fitch at Bike Bandit. Part number is 476086-001, and it's a little over seven and a half dollars. The fitch title is Cylinder Head Cover, Model Z. The seperator is the thirteenth item on the diagram. It's not exact, but maybe it could be trimmed to fit? I need to take mine out as soon as my new gaskets get in (should ship today), and I'll take pictures and measurements at that time.

Good get !! I do see that one, strange it's only required on one side of the breather cavity...

Looks like that mesh would fit the '81 breather as well. thanks !!!

mike
        '85 GS550L - SOLD
        '85 GS550E - SOLD
        '82 GS650GL - SOLD
        '81 GS750L - SOLD
        '82 GS1100G - SOLD

Comment

Hi,

This is the '81 GS1100EX cylinder head cover picture from BikeBandit. The fiche at Partshark.com is the same. I don't see any mesh in the breather. Strange that it doesn't have any.

I think it would be a good idea to put some in there anyway. It can't hurt.

BassCliff

Comment

The 82 fiche does only show 1 mesh (part #13), but it also only shows 1 bolt for that cover (part #12). I think the Suzuki parts list would say QTY REQUIRED: 2

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
              Hi,

This is the '81 GS1100EX cylinder head cover picture from BikeBandit. The fiche at Partshark.com is the same. I don't see any mesh in the breather. Strange that it doesn't have any.I think it would be a good idea to put some in there anyway. It can't hurt.

BassCliff
              Hey, ya want ta have some real fun, try finding the oil seal for the cam chain tensioner on that 1100EX (or various model look-alike tensioners...).

BTW - it's Suzuki p/n- 09284-10006, but you won't find it on the 1100EX fiche. Perhaps the breather mesh is the same warped philosophy - keep 'em guessing.

Thanks guys,

Mike
              '85 GS550L - SOLD
              '85 GS550E - SOLD
              '82 GS650GL - SOLD
              '81 GS750L - SOLD
              '82 GS1100G - SOLD

Comment

Working...