Intermittent Valve Train Tick 82 1100 EZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
    Nawp... And if you like to work on em, makes winter a little bit more bareable...
    Check my location. What winter? I'm going to have to pick up a second one after I get this one running perfect, make the second run perfect, and then I can take the first one off the road to start the serious work. If I keep up my current pace, I'll be putting 12k miles on each bike a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtleface View Post
      Check my location. What winter? I'm going to have to pick up a second one after I get this one running perfect, make the second run perfect, and then I can take the first one off the road to start the serious work. If I keep up my current pace, I'll be putting 12k miles on each bike a year.
      Not bad... I put that on my former 1100G the first 4 months after I bought it off Griffin. I rode the hell out of that thing. Didnt put quite as many miles on the GSs this year...maybe 13-15000 or so. Unfortunately, winter has come early it seems...been raining and coldish here since the middle of August

Comment

Originally posted by Turtleface View Post
        Check my location. What winter? .
        Winter for you would be those few months of the year when you can comfortably ride the bike.

Right?

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Nah, it's only terrible for about two, maybe three months. Air's nice and dry, so when you sweat it evaporates immediately, keeping you cool. So long as you're not stuck in traffic. But, that's what quality mesh jackets are for. Picked up a closeout Yoshimura jacket for thirty bucks that retailed for one-hundred forty, and it's pretty comfortable.

Back on topic for a moment, it appears that eight times it the number of times I can reuse a valve cover gasket in two weeks without it leaking.

At least it's not leaking on my exhaust this time, though the rolling smoke I used to get when braking hard to a stop was kinda cool at times. Like my own portable fog machine. Could make for a very cinematic effect.

Comment

Working...
          X