Carbs for a 1982 GS750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbs for a 1982 GS750E

So my buddy and I just found out that the carbs on the 1982 gs750e are cracked, busted, all sorts of wrong and the previous owner tried to glue/cement all the pieces together in there.

So I am in need of a new set of carbs, well technically I only need two of them.

I can't seem to find a set of carbs anywhere on ebay. From what it seems the carbs they used on the 82 gs750 was the Mikuni BS32SS. Can anybody point me to where I can hunt some down? Or am I going to have to pay big $$$ to the motorcycle junkyard in Chula Vista. They gave me a price of $225 for all four carbs, dirty and sitting for god knows how long.

Thanks a lot for your help ahead of time.

Hi,

I'm pretty sure these are BS32SS carbs. You'll have to re-jet for the larger engine...

Here's another set...

I'm sure with a little patience you'll be able to find others on ebay. Good luck.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

The Mikuni BS32SS model carbs were used on the 1980 and onwards GS models which include the GS550, GS650, GS750 & GS850. The only difference is jetting and maybe needles. The two sets of carbs shown on EBAY by courtesy of BASSCLIFF are the early '80 & '81 models, the '82 and following BS carbs had a different choke mechanism, but they all work the same and will fit your bike.

This gives you some more options of carb sets to look for and then you just swap the parts (jets, needles, etc) from your existing carbs into the new ones after a good soaking and you will be set to go.

Comment

Another option is a rack of mid-late 80's GSXR carbs. The flatslides are an improvement over the BS32's. They will bolt right up to your engine but airbox will have to be replaced with some pod filters.

If you want BS32's, they are out there, you just need to be patient if you don't want to pay an arm and a leg.

Comment

Working...
        X