What is the part # for 120 main jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the part # for 120 main jets

Hi, I was wondering what the part # is for the main jet #120 for my CV style carbs on my 81 gs750L. Any help would be appriciated. Also I have seen some main jets on Flea bay anyone order a set and have the item # I can look at. Thanks Mike

I could simply give you the number, but how would you learn?

I will tell you that Z1 sells them. Go to their site, do a search for "Mikuni jet" and you will get these results.
    (hint, they are on page 2)

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      I could simply give you the number, but how would you learn?

I will tell you that Z1 sells them. Go to their site, do a search for "Mikuni jet" and you will get these results.
      (hint, they are on page 2)

Learning more and more every day. I did look on z1 but i guess i was looking in the wrong place. I am gonna try 120-125 on my bike. I have pods and the 1000L exhaust with baffles removed. From what I have read I should be using #120 and go up a size on my pilot jet. Anyone else??

Comment

Unless you have some rather extensive modifications (just a header and pods do not qualify), you don't usually need to change the pilot jet.

Usually, the main will need to go up several sizes, the needle needs to be lifted and the idle mixture adjust screws need to go about 2.5 to 3 turns out.

However, plug chops are the ultimate tattle-tale.

sigpic
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Well I am ready to order some jets, just need a general idea on what size. 120? 122.5? or 125? Also which washers needed replaced? The air mixture needle? Or the main jet needle? I can do plug chops this weekend, but I'd like to order the jets asap.

Comment

Help the man out

hey bro, here is a link to a site i like to buy from. they are a great help over the phone too. http://crc2onlinecatalog.com/.....

Make sure the are the mikuni jets ONLY---------- (follow the link) http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/Index_Main_Frame.htm

I went for 122.5 (two steps up from origional 112.5) --- steps are counted by 5's ------

Find the washers from Radio Shack. They are the orange washer under the clip in the rubber boot thing at the top of the carb. It's rather large and stubby washer.

Get washers that match the small one on the bottom of the clip and stack them as tall as the orange one and then start by taking two off and go from there. put it back together and see.

air mix just needs to be turned out. your's might still the under the aluminium cap. (take it out by taping the hole with a small bit and then screw in a with a drywall screw and pop it out)
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------

what is a plug chop and how is it done.

YoungGun

Comment

Originally posted by YoungGunRodder View Post

steps are counted by 5's ------

what is a plug chop and how is it done.

YoungGun

I am pretty sure steps are by 2.5 So yours is acctually 4 sizes up. Also what do you have as mods?

and if you look on Bass Cliff's site you will find out how to do plug chops.
              Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

I see you are trying not to spend the $100 on a dynojet kit. What you will find is that you will spend a few dollars on jet, countless hours of your time pulling the carbs off the bike and it still will not run right. It's all about the needles...you can try shimming the ones you have but it will do you no good. If you ever hope to get the bike running with pods and a pipe you need the stage 3 kit. Don't take my word for it do a search on this forum for CV carbs and pods.

Comment

Try 115 main jets and check your plugs afterwards.
                  When I lived in VA, that is what I used on mine.

Eric
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-08-2009, 11:48 AM.

Comment

120s are too rich for that combo

Comment

See post #9 above.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 67fire View Post
                        See post #9 above.
                        Then take another look at #8.

sigpic
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride

Comment

So basically it can be done with jets, but it takes awhile, to figure out the correct #'s and spacers. But with a dynojet it's just plug and play(ride the rubber off the tires). For what I have should it be a stage 3, 2 or 1?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by outlawfox13 View Post
                            For what I have should it be a stage 3, 2 or 1?
                            Had to go back and re-read your posts to see what you have.

For pods and (somewhat) stock exhaust with baffles removed, you would probably need a Stage 3.

As mentioned, you can change the jets all day long and maybe never get it right. The Dynojet kit has needles with a different taper, which happens to work quite well. There might be a Mikuni needle available with a similar taper, but nobody has researched and shared that number yet. By the time you buy two or three sets of main jets, then add in the time and effort to change them a few times, you might be better off to simply get the kit and do it once.

Just an opinion, you are free to do with it what you want.

sigpic
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by outlawfox13 View Post
                              So basically it can be done with jets, but it takes awhile, to figure out the correct #'s and spacers. But with a dynojet it's just plug and play(ride the rubber off the tires). For what I have should it be a stage 3, 2 or 1?

Thanks again.
                              Nothing is plug and play, DJ just have a good starting point worked out. Too rich usually, but it will run.

I like their needles, the jets I can work out for myself.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                              X