Intake Boots? I need them...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Boots? I need them...

I finally got the tank recoated and bike cleaned up from sitting and I started to get the carbs off to put the newer ones on that a nice guy from this forum sold me for a little of nothing and that is when the problem started.

When I was taking the old carbs off the rubber, and since I don't know there name I will call them, intake boots basically desintegrated before my eyes. They are brittle so I need to replace them.

They are held on by 2 screws and go on the intake side of the carbs. If you know what they are called can you tell me? Also, if you know where I can get 4 of them, I would appreciate if you can tell me that as well. Thanks guys.

This is for a 1979 gs850 an 850gn to be redundant
    Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2009, 10:33 PM. Reason: Left off the model of the bike.

Yes I believe they are intake boots, and I believe you can get them on http://www.z1enterprises.com/ Also make sure you get new o-rings for them as well(if they dont come with it).
    Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2009, 10:40 PM.

Comment

You sure you have your "sides" correct?

The INTAKE side of the carbs is toward the air filter box, and there are no screws in them.

Do you mean the intake boots BETWEEN the carbs and the head?

Either way, there are many places that sell them. First thing you need to do is to log on to Basscliff's site, then look for his page on vendors. Any of those listed, and a few more, will have what you need. The NEXT thing you need to do is to determine what bike you have. Actually, you probably already know, but you did not share that with us, so WE don't have a clue.
      This is why we suggest you put your bike in a signature line so it shows with every post you make.
      It's also a good idea to post your location so we can laugh at the weather you are having.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks guys. Steve, glad to see you are back and doing well after your spill.

Jackson, TN is my location and today was a beautiful day. I took my Intruder Volusia 800 (40th anniversary edition) to Nasvhille, TN and back for a board meeting. It was chilly this morning going up but the ride back was phenomenal.

I will see if I cna add a signature with that information. Did the edit not show up? I realized I didn't add that right as I clicked the submit button and then added it within a few seconds. Hmm.

Thanks again.

Comment

Here's what they look like: http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=314

Steve, I went to Basscliff's site, but I couldn't find a link to a list of vendors. I know I have used it before but I just didn't see it. I went through his columns several times to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by jrazz View Post
            Thanks guys. Steve, glad to see you are back and doing well after your spill.
            I took a spill?

Would somebody please give me some details on this?

I am currently operating on the delusion that I have been rather accident-free (on the bike) for about 200,000 miles now,
            and have actually put on 15,787 miles since Memorial day.

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              and have actually put on 15,787 miles since Memorial day.

Holly cow thats alot of riding!!!!

Comment

Here's what they look like: http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=314

Steve, I went to Basscliff's site, but I couldn't find a link to a list of vendors. I know I have used it before but I just didn't see it. I went through his columns several times to no avail.
                That's what I thought. Those are NOT on the intake side of the carbs. They are BETWEEN the carbs and the engine.

Take another look at his page. At the top there are some links to manuals and wiring diagrams. Just below that he has his disclaimer, followed by some acknowledgments. Then, at the very top of the left column, is a link that says ...
                READ ME-Basic Info-Vendors-Links . (<-- this is a link, too. Takes you right to it.)

sigpic
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by outlawfox13 View Post
                  Holly cow thats alot of riding!!!!
                  Yep.

And I got paid for a lot of it, too.

It's been 6 1/2 weeks since I even touched a steering wheel, and that was only while moving a car in the driveway while I was home for a week.
                  It's been almost 11 weeks since I have driven a car off my own property.

sigpic
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride

Comment

Sorry, I thought that was you a while back... Perhaps Basscliff? I'm going to have to look that up now. Thanks for the link!

Comment

I took a spill?
                      It had me freaked out too!
                      I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
                      1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Just to double check, I found this: http://www.bikebandit.com/suzuki-mot...n-1979/o/m6121

Number 16 is what I think I need. Although in my searching I have found some metal ones that look similar and I can't tell based on this diagram if these are the rubber ones or not. If they are, they are expensive at about 33 dollars a pop. Is that right?

And, for the record, it was Basscliff: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...&postcount=119

Comment

Just to double check, I found this: http://www.bikebandit.com/suzuki-mot...n-1979/o/m6121

Number 16 is what I think I need. Although in my searching I have found some metal ones that look similar and I can't tell based on this diagram if these are the rubber ones or not. If they are, they are expensive at about 33 dollars a pop. Is that right?

And, for the record, it was Basscliff: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...&postcount=119
                          Thats correct, you need 16 and 17(new oring).

Sometimes you can find em cheap on 'the bay, good luck.

Comment

Hi,

#16 PIPE,INTAKE
                            13110-49000 (replaces 13110-45010) 4 required @ $26.35 each

From http://www.partshark.com , probably the cheapest price online. Yes, a little pricey but they will last another 25 years or so. Might as well replace the intake O-rings too, #17. We usually buy our O-rings from http://cycleorings.com . (Fixed it for you Steve.)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
                            Last edited by Guest; 10-10-2009, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                              We usually buy our O-rings from http://cycleorings-com .
                              Well, actually, most of us get them from cycleorings DOT com, not cycleorings DASH com.

But you know how it is with these computer geeks. They just get so busy typing, they don't have a lot of control over what comes out.

For proof, here is a picture that BassCliff posted of himself:
                              Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                              I'm a fast typist. (j/k!) :---)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
                              sigpic
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                              X