Carb Soak recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Soak recommendations.

I am rebuilding the stock carbs on my 77 gs750 for the first time and want to do it right. I want to soak the carbs in a cleaner in addition to using a hand cleaner and fine brush for more detailed work. Any recommendations on the best way to do the soak?

Originally posted by schvezon View Post
    I am rebuilding the stock carbs on my 77 gs750 for the first time and want to do it right. I want to soak the carbs in a cleaner in addition to using a hand cleaner and fine brush for more detailed work. Any recommendations on the best way to do the soak?

Read through the carb rebuild stuff on BassCliff's site. You'll have to dismantle them all the way down and take out all the O-rings. You should get new O-rings from http://www.cycleorings.com/.

Get a jug of carb dip, and dunk the carbs for a full 24 hours. Pull them out, clean them off, spray them down, check for dirt. If they're still dirty, dunk again. Blow out all the little passages with compressed air.

Comment

Originally posted by schvezon View Post
      What chemicals are available to you depends a lot on how well your government is keeping you safe from yourself for your own good. Where are you located?
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Yamalube Carburator dip Thumbs up

Comment

Barrymans comes highly recomended by many including myself.
          20 bux at Advance Auto Parts.

Follow the instructions on Basscliffs site.
          sigpic

82 GS850
          78 GS1000
          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
          .................________-|___\____
          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Working...
          X