Kick stand indicator switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kick stand indicator switch

Hey guys. got a new one for ya. so on my 82 850L I noticed the kickstand indicator light never went off. so I pulled the front plug off and the copper part that closes the switch fell out. it is broken that copper strip is super thin and i cant think of a way fix it. I cant find a new one on bike bandit of an old one on ebay. Any one know where i could get my hands on a new switch I wouldn't think it would be a real expensive part so i would like to just replace it. thanks ride safe.

Curt

Try Suzuki?

SWITCH, SIDE STAND WARNING 37840-14A01 (replaces 37840-49400) $65.67

Some of the online places may have it cheaper.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by CurtWDavis View Post
      I cant find a new one on bike bandit ...
      I had to dig a little, but I found it on the Wiring Harness fiche.

Bike Bandit $65.67
      Alpha Sports $71.70
      Carolina Cycle $51.02
      Full Throttle $57.79
      Motogrid $55.82
      PartShark $52.99

It also fits some newer bikes, like the GSX-R 750, so you can expand your search on eBay.

Be aware, though that not all the switches you might find will work the same. I had a problem trying to find a switch for my wife's '82 850L. The first one I got on eBay worked opposite of what I needed, even though it was advertised as a Suzuki item and bolted right in. It turned the light off when the stand was down.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Curt,

Saw this while looking for GS1100G parts. Dont specifically know if same as 850GL or not, but suspect would be the same, the switch part anyway.

When you get it fixed (or disconnect it) dont be surprized when sidestand light is still on. If it is the same as on the Gs, The sidestand light also comes on when the oil pressure switch lights the oil pressure light (which is the purpose/function of the diode in the circuit).

>>>Later note.
        The sidestand switch is suppose to close when the sidestand is not up, and the switch is to open (be off) when the side stand is up. So now, with yours having the copper piece fell out from inside, the switch can not close, and your light should be out (well, other than when on for loss of oil pressure.) <<<<
        Last edited by Redman; 10-11-2009, 09:05 PM. Reason: add later note
        http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
        Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Saw this while looking for GS1100G parts. Dont specifically know if same as 850GL or not, but suspect would be the same, the switch part anyway.
          Go for it.

I just checked the part number at Alpha Sports and it's the same number for the 850L and the 1100L.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X