Fuse box help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse box help

For the life of me I can not figure out how to hook this fusebox up properly. The PO has the bottom screw grounded to one of the mounting screws for the starter relay. This doesnt seem right because that post has a + on it. The top left post is supposed to have a red cable right? From the wiring diagram it looked like that top wire goes to the battery post of the starter relay. Where does the bottom wire go?

Originally posted by jakeolsen View Post

For the life of me I can not figure out how to hook this fusebox up properly. The PO has the bottom screw grounded to one of the mounting screws for the starter relay. This doesnt seem right because that post has a + on it. The top left post is supposed to have a red cable right? From the wiring diagram it looked like that top wire goes to the battery post of the starter relay. Where does the bottom wire go?
    I suggest you get a volt meter and insure you are looking at a ground or at a hot wire. If there is a wire to the mounting screw of the starter relay it is clearly a ground and probably there to insure the solenoid has a ground. (this is a typical precaution).

Also if you have that same wire going to the (+) side of the fuse box it is likely wrong; but make sure that this side is really NOT hot.

BTW it is very difficult to conclude anything from that picture

Comment

Picture of darkness may suffice.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

that very top fuse is usually for accessories

Comment

Working...
        X