No announcement yet.

so i hit a dear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had a pretty close call with a deer yesterday morning. i've seen quite a few near the rode in the last week or so. then this:

BATAVIA, N.Y. (AP) -- It wasn't on the menu, but customers at a western New York restaurant got an up-close look at some venison on the hoof.

Management and customers say a deer crashed through a window at an Applebee's in Batavia just after 7 p.m. Sunday.

Customer Bruce Beck, who was visiting from Wisconsin, says the deer nearly slid into the booth next to his before veering away and running through the restaurant.

Witnesses say people were able to herd the deer out the front door.

No one was hurt.
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP
    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...2f1debec_t.jpg

Comment

Just to add into this thread. Last Thursday, 6-10-10, on state road 44 near Martinsville a motorcyclist was killed from a deer vs. motorcycle collision. He was on a Goldwing pronounced dead on the scene.

Be carefull, the deer doesn't know any better.

Comment

Hey Piester, how is your recovery? Back on your feet I hope? How's the bike coming along?

Comment

Well wishes

I ran right between a pair on my ride over the mountain home, was running late do to a bad signal light fix in the dark, and I'm not going to lie any excuse to travel that long up and over road home at speed I'll take, I saw the first one dropped a gear, gave my 550 all it had, and barley made it in front of the one that might always be right behind the first one. Your seen with me in it was playing in my head the whole time (cept mine woulda been a fat pine or two).

Get well soon dude, That bike your fixin has always been my way of fixin my head when I got troubles (think that's why I always owned old machines). Do your thing man, some people just don't get that what's good for them may have no bearing on the next person over.

Comment

Collar bones suck.

Originally posted by ptm View Post
            Glad you're OK. I hit a deer a couple years ago while I was on my '82 850 going about 60-70. Same thing - right into the side of it. No telephone pole involved, so I just broke my collarbone and hammered my hip and ankle pretty well, but everything healed OK. No fun. Somehow I managed to pick up the bike even with the collarbone broken - adrenalin is amazing stuff. People told me I was lucky, but if I had been lucky, I wouldn't have hit it in the first place...

As for the bike...without careful measurements, it's hard to tell if something is bent. With mine, one fork tube and the steering head were bent, but it was not obvious from looking at them. It wasn't until I held a straight edge against the tube that I could tell. And I didn't realize the steering head was bent until I tried to put together and the forks weren't parallel. Once I replaced the tube and triple tree (and the tank, turn signals, fender, gauges, headlight, handlebars, and mirrors) it runs and handles fine.

Good luck with the healing. It takes a while...
            My first accident ended in me breaking my collarbone, going to work with that sucked bug time, and man did it take forever to heal. I went to go pick up my bike and that's when my shoulder dropped, OUCH!

Comment

Working...
            X