85 gs700es parts needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 gs700es parts needed

Does any one have a repair manual they could part with or know where I could find a repair manual for this bike?

also

a taillight lens

and

front brake reservoir

Any help would be much appreciated and please remember to think in-expensive.

Re: 85 gs700es parts needed

Originally posted by covelle
    Does any one have a repair manual they could part with or know where I could find a repair manual for this bike?

also

a taillight

and

front brake reservoir

Any help would be much appreciated and please remember to think in-expensive.
    Go to the Home page of the GSresources site, then to the Links. Under Manuals you have several places to search for a manual, but the only manual available for your bike is the '83 GS750e Factory manual with a supplement for the '85 700. A manual will occassionally pop up on Ebay.

Check on Ebay for a tail light and for the front master cylinder your options are most any bike of the same vintage with dual disks up front.

For parts wanted.. you may want to post your wish list in the Parts Wanted Forum

Good luck.

Comment

is the master cylinder the part that is mounted on the handle bars?.. cus that's the bit I am looking for.

Comment

is the master cylinder the part that is mounted on the handle bars?.. cus that's the bit I am looking for.
        Yes.

Comment

Why do you think you need a new one? Unless it is physically broken you can usually clean and or rebuild.

Comment

the screws that hold the lid down are extremely rusted and I am afraid if I try to open it they would strip/break. also the "Glass" to check the level is totally scratched to heck ad can't see through it.

Comment

Don't worry about the screws - just be carefull

Hi there ... my buddy had the problem w/ the master cylinder on his GPZ550 ... he just took it into the shop, and they drilled out the screws and used slightly bigger ones ... it's a bit of a bitch if you can't get them out yourself, but it only cost him maybe $30 Canadian funds.

Comment

I have an extra one of those laying around but it prob. would need rebuilt. I had the same problem with mine though. First, try an impact driver...they work wonders. if that doesn't work just drill the heads off the screws. Go to the suzuki shop and pick a couple up. they are like $.89 per. pick a drill bit just a bit bigger and drill the head off. the cap will pop off and you will have two little studs left sticking up. A pair of vise grips will finish the job nicely. If this doesn't work email me at trevorreilly@yahoo.com and i will dig the extra up...i think its at my apt down here in philly.

Trevor

Comment

cool thanks for the help guys i will give it a try

Comment

Working...
                  X