Best place to find ? 4into1 headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to find ? 4into1 headers

Hey all, I have found some great assistance in here from the members who had offered assistance, My Shop Mechanic at local dealer told me that A new 4into1 header and upping the carb jets to match the header specs would run Me around $600. I am wondering if anybody knows where I can find header for a 1982 GS650E either V&H or Kerker, Prefereably Black not chrome. for a reasonable price?

Your, (my), best friend is the internet, but I don't have many friends. Just my opinion
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Can't help you with your search, but I'll be the one to open the can of worms.

Are you looking for a particular look?
      Do you want a particular sound?
      Are you looking for more power?
      Are you merely trying to reduce weight?

Looks are subjective. Some people like the 'unbalanced' look of a pipe on one side, others don't.
      The smooth sound is great, just keep the baffle in and most everybody will be happy.
      If you want more power, a header does not add too much by itself. Maybe 5 hp or so.
      No question that a header is lighter. That will increase performance almost as much as the horsepower gain.

Any way you look at it, though, you will have to re-jet your carbs when you put on the header. If you retain your stock airbox, you will need different jets than if you also add pods (individual filters), but you will still need larger-than-stock jets either way. If you do the pods, too, it is helpful to to a Dynojet kit, which includes different needles, as well as jets. This will add over $100 to your project, and is something that MUST be done to keep your engine alive.

Just something to keep in mind, in case you have a limited budget.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Ebay.........

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
          Ebay.........
          Figure out what crosses with your bike and throw out your search net (or is it net search ) (ebay, CL, GSR etc....)

Comment

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

a period gs650 header is almost impossible to find.

You might as well get a MAC or stay stock.
              1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

I imagine this would also fit your E model

Comment

4-1

i've got a 4 into one header for a 1984 550-ES. probably could be bought pretty cheap. e-mail cgrosshart@sbcglobal.net

Comment

I recently purchased a Vance & Hines exhaust system that was 4-1 and came off a 1985 gs700. The headers are black and if they fit shoot me a pm and we'll work something out!

On a side note; does anybody have a 4-1 header preferably in black that will fit a 1981 gs550lx? Are there any headers from other yr/model that will fit this bike?

Comment

Working...
                    X