Dynojet needle questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynojet needle questions

Hi, I have an 83gs650g . Its sputtering at part throttle but clears up the more you accelerate and it idles fine. I have a stage 3 dynojet kit with pods and open exhaust.
    The questions,
    1 Was I supposed to use the stock fat plastic washer/spacer that was on my stock needle on the dynojet needle?

2 How should the orientation be on the needle? like spring,washer(and if so how many), clip , washer, then that plastic stock washer at the top?

Thanks

Originally posted by 24flinchin View Post
    Hi, I have an 83gs650g . Its sputtering at part throttle but clears up the more you accelerate and it idles fine. I have a stage 3 dynojet kit with pods and open exhaust.
    The questions,
    1 Was I supposed to use the stock fat plastic washer/spacer that was on my stock needle on the dynojet needle?

2 How should the orientation be on the needle? like spring,washer(and if so how many), clip , washer, then that plastic stock washer at the top?

Thanks

Thats a yes for my 850. The instuctions should have came with the kit.
    I think mine went from top, washer, fat plastic washer, clip pin, washer then spring.
    Find those instructions cause I'm prolly wrong.
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have the instructions but I wasnt sure if what was on my stock needles was supposed to be there or something the pervious owner used to shim or something. Thats basically the way i have it, same as you said.
      So, anyone know if I should move that clip lower or what? Its in the second from the top and using that fat plastic washer and small metal washer makes it where I cant go up anymore. Thanks again Octain

Comment

How do your plugs look?
        sigpic

82 GS850
        78 GS1000
        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
        .................________-|___\____
        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Theyre lean, real lean.

Comment