clutch parts questions, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch parts questions, please help

I am in desperate need of a new clutch basket for my 83 Gs 750. I've looked everywhere and can't find any. Will someone please help me if they know a place where i might be able to find one. Or I also would like information on how to tighten the rivets on my clutch basket, thank you.

As far as a brand new one goes I couldn't say for sure. You might try a salvage yard for a used one. From what I understand you can drill out the old rivets and install new ones.

Comment

Try Falicon, I think that they sell upgraded ones on an exchange basis.
      Doze.

Comment

I was checking recently for a clutch basket for my 1983 GS750ES. The basket is listed on both BikeBandit.com and RonAyers.com, with RonAyers being cheaper at $153. I didn't verify that the parts were actually in stock, though, since the majority of my clutch rattle seemed to have been caused by a loose hub nut (replaced with an APE nut) and I decided not to replace the basket yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Waters
          I was checking recently for a clutch basket for my 1983 GS750ES. The basket is listed on both BikeBandit.com and RonAyers.com, with RonAyers being cheaper at $153. I didn't verify that the parts were actually in stock, though, since the majority of my clutch rattle seemed to have been caused by a loose hub nut (replaced with an APE nut) and I decided not to replace the basket yet.
          Nothing like loose nuts, eh Simon?

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
            Nothing like loose nuts, eh Simon?

Hap
            Cured by switching to a heavy duty, simian (APE) nut, and tightly secured with a black, leather thong..........as per your advice, Mr. Call.

Comment

Cured by switching to a heavy duty, simian (APE) nut, and tightly secured with a black, leather thong..........as per your advice, Mr. Call.
              8O 8O 8O
              Switching to ape-nuts.... Heavy duty! 8O
              Doctors sure can do miracles these days....

Comment

Simon correct me if i am mistaken but that $153.00 should have been just for the basket without the gear, the springs, rivets backing plate and assembly of same. Im in the market for another basket myself. I sold my spare good one for $35 last year and i am still kicking myself.

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
                  Simon correct me if i am mistaken but that $153.00 should have been just for the basket without the gear, the springs, rivets backing plate and assembly of same. Im in the market for another basket myself. I sold my spare good one for $35 last year and i am still kicking myself.
                  Scotty, I believe that the basket, backing plate, damping springs are all one assembled piece for $152.93 at RonAyers.com (this is for the 1983 GS750E/ES, of course). The clutch hub is $51.87, the pressure springs are $1.39 each (4 needed for the GS750E/ES), the fibre driven plates are $10.36 each (8 needed) and the clutch hub nut locking washer is $0.78. These are all OE Suzuki parts. I haven't checked the parts for your GS1100 but you might want to see if it is a similar situation.

Hope that this helps.

Comment

I have one for 82 GS750 Still in the engine, can check if interested

Comment

Im going to check that websitr. I priced the outet basket ((only)) FROM SUZUKI-- and i seem yo remermbert 250 OR 350 DOLARS US

Comment

My '79 1000's clutch basket was rattling and I had it fixed during my engine rebuild. Vance & Hines sent it out and had larger damper springs installed and then they welded it. Cost me 250 bones but it works good. And unless I really abuse it, it'll never rattle again.
                        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                        X